One of the pioneers families of Longwood. The Jones family settled in West Longwood and owned land on both sides of 434 near Rangeline Road. George Jones was the patriarch, who came around 1920. He was a well-known and respected farmer and citizen around town, as was his son Andy.
The family had a cemetery on their propery, near the McDonalds, which was uncovered when the fast food restaurant was under construction. It also stretched into the nearby parking lot of the old Pick-and-Save. It is unclear whether the bodies were moved.