Davey’s Toys

Home /

Research /

Davey’s Toys


  • Dunbar’s Garage and Clouser’s Cabinet Shop

    216 West Warren Avenue

    The core of the front section was constructed in 1892 as Dunbar’s Garage. For 38 years, it was the shop of John H Dunbar. He did various repairs and built things out of wood, including fruit crates. John and his daughter Elsie owned this shop and lived next door in the JD & NJ Lewis House, where the Longwood Community Building now sits. The original part of the house is the section under the second-floor loft windows. The other wings were later additions, added at various stages after the small shop was converted into a residence. John was born in…

    View ->