Tupper House

This home was built in 1928 by the Maude W and Spencer L Tupper.

Sylvester L Tupper was killed in 1952 under mysterious circumstances. His body was found in Lake of the Woods with a bullet hole in his head and bricks tied to his neck and body.

Maude Williams Tupper (1877-1967) lived here until her death in 1967. She and her husband came to Longwood in 1928 from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Maude was a beloved first-grade teacher at Lyman Memorial School (now Milwee Middle). She taught Spencer Whitehead, who lived across the street and provided an oral history for the Society in 2020. Maude was a member of the Christ Episcopal Church.

The home has a garage apartment in the back.