This house was built for early settler J.C. Fitch in 1888. Fitch was a carpenter and became a town alderman in the mid-1880s. G. W. Hardaway, minister at the Longwood Congregational Church, owned the home in the mid-1890s. In 1920 it was purchased by Charles Entzminger, a wealthy local and Florida congressman, and he maintained it for many years.
Although there have been many alterations over the years, the decorative shingled gable on the front of the house and chimney are original features of the house.
The home was modified for use as an office in the mid-1980s. It has served that purpose since then.