Places
-

Tucker House
This home was built in 1920 by L.R. Tucker. It is the most elaborate and detailed example of the Bungalow style in Longwood. Few, if any, changes have been made to the house since its construction. Even the garage in the back is original.
-

Fitch House
This house was built for early settler J.C. Fitch in 1888. Fitch was a carpenter and became a town alderman in the mid-1880s. G. W. Hardaway, minister at the Longwood Congregational Church, owned the home in the mid-1890s. In 1920 it was purchased by Charles Entzminger, a wealthy local and Florida congressman, and he maintained it for many years. Although there have been many alterations over the years, the decorative shingled gable on the front of the house and chimney are original features of the house. The home was modified for use as an office in the mid-1980s. It has…
-

Kent House
This building was constructed in 1956. It is a non-contributing building to the historic district. It was built by Jess Cunningham as his family home. The Cunninghams lived there for five years until his death in 1961. In 1971, the Kent family purchased it and moved into the home. They relocated to a home on their property beside Big Tree Park in 1982 when the downtown district was getting too busy. Today, it is home to the Evergreen Financial Group.
-

221 Warren Ave
This home is absolutely beautiful. While it has a look inspired by its neighboring Clouser House, it is a modern, non-historic building made to look period authentic. It was built in 2012s. An earlier 1960s property previously occupied the lot before that time.
-

Enchanted Cottage
Formerly the Enchanted Cottage. Built in 1950.
-

242 Warren Ave
Built in 1950
-

150 Jessup Ave
Built in 1981. Served as Victorian Tea Time in the 1990s. Today is Dix Hite Architectural firm.
-

Bianco House
This is the home of Bianco’s Mona Lisa Italian Restaurant, in the heart of downtown Longwood. It is a newer, non-contributing building.
-

Loder House
This house was built in 1925 (completed in 1926) for Howard W Loder, then the Longwood Chamber of Commerce secretary. They moved to Longwood from Montclair, New Jersey. The Loders lived here during the 1920s and 1930s. Howard opened an electric shop called Service Electric Shop in 1926 and wired many of the buildings during that period. He graduated from the Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute with BS and EE degrees. He was also secretary of the Longwood Chamber of Commerce and vice president of the Seminole County Chamber of Commerce. Mrs. ___ Beebee Loder was the chairwoman of the Red Cross…
-

Longwood Fire Station No. 1
The station was built in 1980 on land donated by Jimmy Reiter. When the city built the fire department, they forgot to measure for the full length of the trucks. A hole had to be cut in the front doors of the station for the ladders. This is part of what helped coin the negative nickname for Longwood as “Wrongwood” starting in the 1980s.
