At the southeast corner of East Warren and Longwood Avenue was the location of the first hotel in Longwood. The wooden structure was built by town founder Edward Henck to handle the influx of prospective settlers and tourists coming down the Sanford-Orlando road via steamboat landing in Sanford.
The structure was built in 1883 and should not be confused with the Longwood Inn. It was sold to Henry Hand.
It occupied roughly the same footprint that the gymnasium complex today occupies; however, it was oriented to face north on to Warren Avenue, which was the main road through town.
This was much fewer rooms than the more imposing Longwood Inn, which still exists across the highway. This structure burned down in the 1890s, but by that time the newer lodge was already built so there was no need to rebuild. None the less, it played an important role in the town’s early history.