Extinct

Home /

Research /

Extinct


  • Demens Sawmill

    180 E Warren Ave

    The factory was built somewhere around 1880. It was owned by P. A. Demens & Company, the corporation of railroad man Peter Demens. It was located where the SunRail overflow […]

    View ->

  • Peter Demens House

    956 Bucksaw Pl

    The former homestead of railroad icon Peter A. Demens, a native Russian, was located on the northwest corner of East Lake. It is along the road now called Bucksaw Place. […]

    View ->

  • Martin Andersen Estate

    601 S. Grant Street

    Martin Andersen first came to Orlando in 1931 in order to take over the two Orlando Sentinel newspapers, then known as the Morning Sentinel and the Evening Reporter-Star. At the […]

    View ->

  • Dixie Food Mart

    This small mini grocery was built in 1950. It sat in front of the Longwood Inn until 2002, partially blocking its view from 427. It was torn down when 427 […]

    View ->

  • Longwood ACL Train Depot

    This old train depot was located near the southeast intersection of Church Street and 427, immediately behind the Henck-Tinker block (former bank building, now a bar). According to sources, it […]

    View ->

  • Florida Midland Railroad

    You may notice West Florida Avenue through the historic district is slightly odd. It is placed at a half-block increment between Jessup Ave and Magnolia Ave. There are few drive […]

    View ->

  • Original Longwood Hotel

    111 North Longwood Street

    At the southeast corner of East Warren and Longwood Avenue was the location of the first hotel in Longwood. The wooden structure was built by town founder Edward Henck to […]

    View ->

  • Ed Myers Recreation Building

    Today it serves as a convenient parking lot located across the street from the current Longwood Community Building. However, on this well-landscaped lot is where its predecessor used to live. […]

    View ->